NHS Free Flu Vaccination
Protect yourself and your loved ones this winter season against the flu with our private and NHS flu jab services. We offer free NHS flu vaccinations for eligible patients and also a private flu vaccination service. Ask in-store today. Now you can book your appointment online, click on the button below.
Why get a flu jab?
Flu is a contagious viral disease that can spread by coughing, sneezing or touching contaminated surfaces or people. Stay healthy and protect your friends, family and work colleagues by getting vaccinated. Community pharmacies administered a record number of flu jabs last year. One of our pharmacists will carry out a consultation to ensure that the flu jab is safe and appropriate for you. You may ask any questions that you might have about flu vaccinations during this consultation.
Free NHS flu jabs
Flu can be serious in some patient groups as it can lead to further complications. The NHS free flu jab service provides free flu vaccinations to these specific patient groups. We may be able to offer you free NHS flu vaccinations if you are 65 and over (including those who will be 65 by 31 March 2024), or if you are aged 18 or over and you are:
- are pregnant.
- have diabetes.
- have asthma (using a preventer inhaler), COPD or other long-term lung conditions.
- have a long-term heart condition.
- have a liver or kidney disease.
- have a learning disability.
- are severely overweight with a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or above.
- have a neurological condition, such as Parkinson’s disease.
- have a weak immune system or live with someone who has a weak immune system due to a medical condition, medication or treatment.
- care for someone whose welfare may be at risk in case you are ill.
- work as a frontline health or social care worker within a residential or nursing home, a hospice or work for a care home provider.
- are a resident of a nursing or long-stay residential home.
Our pharmacy team will check your eligibility for the free flu vaccination during your consultation. If you are not eligible for the free NHS flu jab, you can get the private flu jab at a very competitive price at our pharmacy.
If you need a flu jab, speak to a member of staff. In most cases, we can offer the flu jab on a walk-in basis.